VFILES announced a new music initiative called VFILES LOUD! It is working to discover the internet’s best unknown artists and provide a global platform to showcase their work.
Until May 29, artists interested in participating can upload their original sound and images to VFILES.COM/LOUD within five genres: pop, electronic, R&B, Rock and Hip-Hop. Once submissions are closed, the VFILES team in partnership with a panel of prestigious mentors, review each submission based on three factors: marketability, sell-ability and creativity. Mentors participating in the selection process include: Deputy Editorial Director of MTV, Richard Turley; Senior Director of Music and Talent Programing at MTV, Yomi Desalu; CEO of Fools Gold Records and globally recognized DJ, A-Trak; and celebrity stylist, Akeem Smith.
One winner will receive:
- VFILES directed music video
- World premier video release on MTV
- Epic screening party for the winner’s music video on June 22nd
- Single will be released by Fool’s Gold Records
The Fashion company also launched its 2.0 platform.
Key features include:
– Personalized “shop” functionality so every user can sell their work
– Direct messaging functionality so users can communicate within the platform
– Integrated hashtags and handles so all content – owned or user generated – is tagged and filed into the relevant profile
– Plus, the site is now optimized for mobile