“The Moth,” the renowned storytelling organization has announced that for their annual fundraising gala known as “The Moth Ball,” they will honor the talented comedian, Louis C.K.
This gala will take place on Tuesday, May 12 at Capitale in Manhattan and will be a superhero themed celebration. The gala’s festivities will include an award presentation to Louis C.K., and a seated dinner and cocktail party followed by a show featuring narratives by the National Book Critics Circle Award Winner Andrew Solomon, the 2014 Moth GrandSLAM champions, and the talented students from their High School Education Program. The gala will also be emceed by Moth storyteller and the host of NPR’s “Ask Me Another,” Ophira Eisenberg.
An online auction will take place with items such as tea with screenwriter Neil Gaiman, a drink and dilemma with the legendary Molly Ringwald, as well as trapeze flying with film star Lili Taylor. The auction will go live the week before the gala and will be open throughout the evening of the event. The proceeds for the gala will support over 450 storytelling shows in the U.S and abroad in 2015 as well as The Moth’s community and education programs which help thousands of students, teachers, and other people who have a dream to tell their own stories.
With this award, C.K. will join the ranks of Moth Ball honorees such as Zadie Smith, Albert, Marsles, Martin Scorsese, Spaulding Gray, Calvin Trillin, and many more. The Moth is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the art of storytelling. Helping both the master of storytelling to the novice storyteller, The Moth helps to tell these stories and since its launch in 1997, The Moth has told thousands of stories to crowds worldwide.
Current Auction Items:
- A drink and a dilemma with pop culture icon Molly Ringwald
- A poker lesson with champion player Annie Duke
- Trapeze flying with independent film star Lili Taylor.
- Filmmaking consultation with a producer and writer Ari Handel, best known for feature films “Noah” (2014) and “The Fountain”(2006)
- New York Fashion Week with designer Anna Sui
- Lunch with fashion commentator/window dresser Simon Doonan
- Superhero lunch with Marvel’s Dan Buckley and Joe Quesada
- Coffee and copy editing with The New Yorker’s “Comma Queen” Mary Norris
- Tea with screenwriter Neil Gaiman
- Book Club with comedian, author, and host of NPR’s “Ask Me Another,” Ophira Eisenberg
For more information visit here: http://themoth.org/support/special-events