Over at Her Source, our desire for our audience is to provide healthy tips and recipes to increase the awareness on health. These fresh juices recipes are the perfect addition to any diet, and a great change to your lifestyle habits. From the countless health benefits of fresh juices, it is probably in your best interest to check out these recipes and give it to try.
Since the weather is starting to warm up a little, we have a couple of cool smoothie recipes up our sleeves, packed with nutrients and vitamins.
Introducing Juice of The Week: Berry, Berry Blue
Need a little pick-me-up? This recipe is sure to bring things back to life.
Sidenote: It is recommended to already have these ingredients frozen to ensure quality of the smoothie.
Ingredients and Supplies Needed:
- 1/2 cup of Frozen Spinach
- 1/2 cup of Milk (add more or less for desired texture)
- 1 Banana (NOT FROZEN)
- 1/2 cup of Frozen Blueberries
- 1/4 cup of Frozen Blackberies
Blend, and enjoy.
Health Benefits of the ingredients:
- Spinach is great for skin, hair, and nails. Spinach also promotes bone health, lowers blood pressure, and helps manage diabetes.
- Milk is a great source of Calcium which is essential to bone health.
- Bananas promotes kidney health and high in antioxidants.
- Blackberries are composed of compounds that may help protect you from heart, brain and cell damage.
Blueberries promote a healthy immune system
Nicole Scarlett, @NicoleScarlett_